What Others Bought
B149.2-10 (R2015) - Propane storage and handling code
B365-10 (R2015) - Installation code for solid-fuel-burning appliances and equipment
B51-14 - Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code
Ontario Customers: The B139 Series-15 dated January 2015 is the version currently in force in Ontario. Click here to download the January 2015 pages that were affected by Update No. 1 dated May 2016.
Improperly installed fuel-burning appliances are a leading cause of residential and industrial fires. B139 SERIES-15 provides the minimum requirements for installing oil-burning appliances, equipment and components to help keep people and property safer.
The Code applies to the installation of:
- Stationary and portable oil-burning equipment including furnaces, boilers, water, vehicle and construction heaters and certain internal combustion engines
- Additional equipment including piping and tubing systems, pumps, control devices, venting systems, accessories, heat distribution systems, central oil distribution systems, and both above-ground and underground storage tanks
Why You Need to Know the 2015 Edition:
The ninth edition of B139 represents a major update to reflect the growing need to greater differentiate the requirements for residential installations from those for larger, more complex installations. The new edition also includes requirements specifically created for stationary engines.
The new edition is structured as follows:
- Part 1.0 %u2014 Large Installations - contains new requirements for larger, more complex systems
- Part 1.1 %u2014 Stationary Engines %u2013 covers special requirements for stationary engines serving generators and fire pumps and other equipment such as large compressors
- Part 1.2 %u2014 Special Installations - collects the existing requirements for used oil burning appliances, central oil distribution facilities, construction heaters and vehicle heaters
- Part 2.0 %u2014 Residential Installations - focuses on the requirements for smaller installations used in single and two-family dwellings as well as in small commercial buildings
Key changes include:
- Simplified definitions and references make the code easier to understand and implement
- Greater clarification for products certified for use in Canada and those which may need to meet additional requirements from authorities having jurisdiction
- Enhanced requirements for supply tanks and chimneys help streamline installation and maintenance
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360