GAS TRADE: UNIT 10 (5th ed. pub. 2015)
CSA Group's 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details. Unit 10 - Piping and tubing systems for industrial & commercial applicationsPurpose:
The requirements for gas installations vary between requirements for single family dwellings and for commercial and industrial applications. This unit details four areas where significant requirements for the installation, operation, and testing of large piping and tubing systems should be understood by the gas technician/fitter.Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Describe Code requirements and approved joining methods.
- Describe welding safety, certification, and procedures.
- Identify utility and non-utility piping and tubing.
- Explain piping layout, drawings, and symbols.
- Size high pressure piping and tubing systems.
- Explain purging operations on large piping systems.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360