GAS TRADE: UNIT 24 (5th ed. pub. 2015)
CSA Groupís 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Programís trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Programís website for more details. Unit 24 - Air handlingPurpose:
Air movement increases or decreases the rate heat gain and loss from human bodies and the buildings in which they live and work. The principles governing building heating, cooling and ventilation are directly related to the comfort levels and health of building occupants. This module describes air handling in relation to such premises.Approved courses in different aspects of air handling are given by various bodies and institutions throughout Canada. These courses deal with calculations of heating and cooling loads and air system design in more detail than can be covered in this learning unit. One such organization is the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI).Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Describe the requirements and standards governing the principles of heat loss and heat gain.
- Define terminology used in air handling.
- Describe heat transfer and the principles of heat loss calculations and ventilation requirements as they apply to air handling systems.
- Describe the properties and characteristics of air.
- Describe operation and installation of gas-fired duct furnaces.
- Describe the function of the duct system.
- Calculate air flow through the duct system using standard equations.
- Describe the relationships between the mechanical components of the air handling system and air flow.
- Describe service and adjustment procedures for air handling units.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360