GAS TRADE: UNIT 27A (5th ed. pub. 2016)
CSA Groupís 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Programís trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Programís website for more details. Unit 27A - Commercial/Industrial appliances over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) Purpose:
The gas technician/fitter will encounter a variety of commercial and industrial equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) for installation or start-up. When installing such equipment the technician/fitter must follow the CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code. Start-up procedures for equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) are determined by the equipment itself and by the manufacturerís guidelines. It is important that the gas technician/fitter be familiar with these procedures, as well as with the special requirements for piping, ventilation, venting, water treatment, etc; and some key servicing and maintenance requirements of large installations. Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Describe gas piping requirements.
- Describe ventilation and combustion air requirements.
- Describe venting requirements.
- Identify installation requirements.
- Describe activation procedures for commercial/industrial appliances.
- Describe servicing, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify water treatment requirements.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360