GAS TRADE: UNIT 29 (5th ed. pub. 2016)
CSA Groupís 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Programís trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Programís website for more details. Unit 29 - Advanced electricity for gas fired equipment Purpose:
An understanding of the electrical controls of gas-fired equipment in excess of 400 000 Btu/h (117 kW) is required for Gas Trade 1. Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Identify potential hazards and describe safe practices for working with wiring systems.
- Identify and diagnose electrical wiring systems and circuit controls.
- Describe electrical theory and concepts in gas-fired equipment.
- Read, interpret and draw wiring diagrams, schematics and symbols related to gas equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (117kW).
- Perform calculations to determine electric motor size requirements.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360