GAS TRADE: UNIT 31 (5th ed. pub. 2016)
CSA Groupís 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Programís trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Programís website for more details. Unit 31 - Valve trains and burners Purpose:
A valve train is a manifold of components and piping that supplies fuel and air to a burner. Gas technicians/fitters must be familiar with the components that make up main fuel trains, air supply trains and pilot air/fuel trains. They must also be familiar with the burners themselves and understand how to install and maintain burners and gas trains so that gas-fired appliances operate safely and with maximum fuel efficiency. Gas technicians/fitters are also frequently called on to convert gas appliances from one fuel to another, which involves changes to the valve train and burner. Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Identify valve train components.
- List the components used in specific valve trains.
- State the sequence of operation of major valve trains.
- Describe the operation of common gas flow controllers.
- Describe common types of burners.
- Describe maintenance and troubleshooting procedures for valve trains and burners.
- Describe procedures for converting large appliances to alternate fuels.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360