GAS TRADE: UNIT 5 (5th ed. pub. 2015)
CSA Group's 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details. Unit 5 - Introduction to electricityPurpose:
The safe and proper installation of gas appliances and systems requires a gas technician/fitter to have knowledge of basic electrical theory and practical trade-related applications. Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Identify electrical safety hazards, safe working techniques, procedures, and applicable codes.
- Describe basic electrical theory and concepts.
- Describe the components and operation of a simple electrical circuit.
- Explain the principles of basic magnetism and electromagnetism.
- Explain the theory of direct and alternating current.
- Explain basic transformer theory and operation.
- Describe and explain the use of electrical measuring instruments.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360