GAS TRADE: UNIT 9 (5th ed. pub. 2015)
CSA Group's 2015 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details. Unit 9 - Introduction to gas appliancesPurpose:
Installing and reactivating gas appliances requires a thorough knowledge of venting systems, types of burners, ignition systems, controls and safeties, and the characteristics of individual vented and non-vented appliances. This unit covers the details necessary for a gas technician/fitter to safely and efficiently install appliances. It also covers the requirements for converting appliances between propane and natural gas.Learning Objectives:
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Describe venting.
- Describe the operation and applications of various burners.
- Describe pilots, ignition systems, and temperature sensing devices.
- Describe controls and safeties.
- Describe non-vented and vented gas appliances.
- Describe the requirements for converting an appliance between natural gas and propane.
- Describe the reactivation of appliances.
GST REG No R119441681
QST REG No R1006017360